Baltics map and scenario Introduction:
Baltics map and scenario for Civilization V (BNW) show intresting region geopolitically known as Baltics. This term is typically used to group the sovereign states in Northern Europe around of the Baltic Sea: Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania, Finland, Russia, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and Poland. For region is typical flat land, forests, many lakes (Ladoga, Peipus, Vanern, Vattern…) rivers (Neva, Narva, Daugava, Neman, Vistula, Oder, Elbe..) and also big harbors (St.Petersburg, Talinn, Heslinki, Stockholm, Malmo, Odense, Copenhagen, Rostock, Sczeczin, Gdansk, Kaliningrad, Riga…) You can start 4000 b.c. with one city, or 2000 b.c. with several real placed cities and own boundaries, rest of map is revealed.
- Real boundaries of present countries in north Europe (or version with only capital city)
- Real city names and their positions
- Every civ has one natural wonder in its territory
- All cities starting with level 1, except capital city (level3)
- Real placement of strategic and luxury resources, real quantity of resources (Norway has oil and aluminium, Poland has coal…)
- Every civ beggins with the same research, units, culture and gold
- Real placement of hills, rivers, lakes etc..
- You have not contact with another leaders at the beginning
3 Various maps included!
1. Baltics_full (full map with real boundaries)
6 Nations, 38 cities
Sweden 8 cities, Denmark 6 cities, Netherlands 3 cities, Germany 7 cities, Poland 7 cities, Russia 7 cities.
6 City states with 15 cities
Finland (Helsinki, Turku), Estonia (Talinn, Tartu), Latvia (Riga, Davgaupils), Lithuania (Vilnius, Kaunas), Belarus (Minsk, Gomel, Vibets, Brest), Norway (Oslo, Bergen, Kristiansand).
2. Baltics_cities (full map only with tiny boundaries around city)
3. Baltics_only cap (Only capital cities with tiny boundaries)
Belarus (Latvia, Lithuania)
Known bugs for Baltics scenario:
Years counted +40 for every turn. I recommend to use some time mod.
1. Download map file, unpack it and save to MAP folder. Usually C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier’s Civilization 5\Maps
2. Start game and select MODS
3. Select Custom game, and choose map Baltics_full (Baltics_cities or Baltics_only cap) , don´t forget tick Load scenario
4. Choose leader, difficulty and PLAY