Alps map and scenario Introduction:
Alps map and scenario for Civilization V (BNW) show the highest and most extensive mountain range system that lies entirely in Europe across eight Alpine countries (from west to east): France, Switzerland, Monaco, Italy, Liechtenstein, Austria, Germany, and Slovenia. Mountains are also rich of big lakes (Geneva lake, Bodensee, Chiemsee, Lago di Garda, Neusiedler see). In the mountains springs European greatest rivers (Rhine, Danube, Rhône, Po, Drava, Inn…) and around them are fertile plains. You can start 4000 b.c. with one city, or 2000 b.c. with several real placed cities and own boundaries, rest of map is revealed.
- Real boundaries of present countries in central Europe (or version with only capital city)
- Real city names and their positions
- All cities starting with level 1, except capital city (level3)
- Natural wonder for every civ
- Real placement of strategic and luxury resources, real quantity of resources (Germany has coal and aluminium, France has Uranium…)
- Every civ beggins with the same research, units, culture and gold
- Real placement of hills, rivers, lakes etc..
- You have not contact with another leaders at the beginning
3 Various maps included!
1. Alps_full (full map with real boundaries)
4 Nations, 30 cities (+Venice in 3rd version)
Germany 8 cities, France 8 cities, Italy 8 cities, Austria 6 cities, .
9 City states with 13 cities
Switherland part 1 (Geneva, Basel), Switzerland part 2 (Zurich, Bern), Slovenia (Ljubljana, Maribor), Croatia (Zagreb, Pula), Monaco (Monaco), Luxemburg (Luxemburg), Slovakia (Bratislava), Czech. Rep. (Prague), Hungary (Gyor).
2. Alps_boundary_small (full map only with tiny boundaries around city)
3. Alps_starting (Only capital cities wiht tiny boundaries) + Venice as another nation and Florence, Genoa as city states
Germany + part of France
France + Switzerland
Known bugs for Alps scenario:
Years counted +40 for every turn. I recommend to use some time mod.
1. Download map file, unpack it and save to MAP folder. Usually C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier’s Civilization 5\Maps
2. Start game and select MODS
3. Select Custom game, and choose map Alps_full (Alps_boundaries_small and Alps_starting cap) , don´t forget tick Load scenario
4. Choose leader, difficulty and PLAY