Mediterranean (Ancient) scenario
Mediterranean map for Civilization V (BNW). This is not true historical map of ancient world in one period. It is mix of the most expansive periods of each civ, but respect their borders. You will start at 500b.c.
-Real boundaries of countries in some era
-Real city names used in ancient era (Mediolanum=Milan, Massilia=Marseille, Constantinople=Istanbul, Trebizond=Trabzon etc…)
-Approximate population in cities (if data was available)
-Real placement of strategic and luxury resources, real quantity of resources. For example almost 90% oil reserves on the map is located on middle east.
-World and natural wonders are placed according reality.
-Every civ beggins with the same research, units, culture and gold
Roman empire 12 cities, Greece 11 cities, Byzantium 10 cities,
Carthago 9 cities, Assyria 7 cities, Babylon 5 cities, Egypt 5 cities, Spain 8 cities, Morocco 7 cities, Portugal 4 cities, Songhai 3 cities, Venice 1 city (last 5 civs are not anciet, but they are in scenario)
14 City states
Years counted +40 for every turn. I recommend to use some time mod.
1. Download map file, unrpack it and save it to MAP folder. Usually C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier’s Civilization 5\Maps
2. Start game and select MODS
3. If you want to use some time scenario tick it, otherwise click NEXT
4. Select Custom game, and choose map Mediterranean, don´t forget tick Load scenario
5. Choose leader, difficulty and PLAY