Great Lakes and Rivers scenario Introduction:
This is Civilization V (BNW) map and scenario of Great Lakes area between USA and Canada with true location of cities. You will start game almost on the beginning (3500 b.c., classical era) with one state: 4-6 cities (all level 1 except capital – level 2), rest of map is revealed.
Scenario is based on real map of area:
- Real location of cities
- Real states and their boundaries
- Big Rivers (Ohio, Mississippi, Missouri, St.Lawrence, Hudson, Illinois) are navigable for all ships. Also all Lakes are navigable.
- Natural wonders are placed randomly.
- Strategic and luxury resources according reality
- Two versions of scenario (One only with cities, second with real states boundaries) + one empty map
France (Quebec) represented by 5 cities (Montreal, Trois Rivieres, Quebec, Rimouski and Seguneay ) on St.Lawrence River
Shoshone (Ontario) represented by 6 cities (Toronto, Belleville, Kingston, Ottawa, Kitchener, Thunder Bay) on the north side of 3 lakes (mostly Lake Ontario)
Iroquis (New York) represented by 6 cities (Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Binghampton, Albany, New York,) on the south side of Lake Ontario and near Hudson river
Celtics (New England) represented by 5 cities (Boston, Rochester, Portland, Providence, Hartford) on the east coast near Atlantic Ocean
Germans (Michigan) represented by 6 cities (Detroit, Flint, Grand Rapids, Lansing, Traverse City, Marquette) between lakes Michigan and Huron.
Dutch (Pennsylvania) represented by 5 cities (Philadelphia, Harrisburg, Wilkes-Barre, Pittsburgh, Erie) between Erie Lake and Atlantic ocean.
Sweden (Wyoming) represented by 5 cities (Milwaukee, Green Bay, Madison, Eau Claire, Oshkosh) from the Lake Michgan to Lake Superior.
England (Ohio) represented by 5 cities (Toledo, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, Cincinnati) from the Lake Erie to Ohio river.
America (Illinois) represented by 4 cities (Chicago, Rockford, Peoria, Springfield) from Michigan Lake to Mississippi river.
Egypt (Missouri) represented by 4 cities (St.Louis, Kansas City, Columbia, Springfield) along Mississippi and Missouri river.
Denmark (Minessota) represented by 4 cities (St.Paul, Minneapolis, Duluth, Rochester) from Mississippi river to Lake Superior.
6 City states
Virginia (Richmond, Washington), West Virginia (Charleston), Kentucky (Louisville, Lexington), Indiana (Fort Wayne, Indianapolis), Iowa (Cedar Rapids, Des Moines) and Sault Ste Marie
St. Lawrence River:
North part of Lake Ontario:
Lake Ontario and New York:
East Coast and Pennsylvania:
Lake Michigan and Illinois:
Second version of map contains only 8 civs, more city states and more space to expand (without state boundaries). Check how it looks like:
1. Download map file and save it to MAP folder. Usually C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier’s Civilization 5\Maps
2. Start game and select MODS
3. If you want to use some time scenario tick it, otherwise click NEXT
4. Select Custom game, and choose map Great Lakes V1 or V2, don´t forget tick Load scenario
5. Choose leader, difficulty and PLAY
Civ Player 69 (verified owner) –
Very low effort compared to other maps it seems, not a scenario, basically just a map
Yes you´re right this is quite old map/scenario and will be enhanced soon
NEW VERSION OF MAP/SCENARIO AVAILABLE
Muchas gracias. ?Como puedo iniciar sesion?
Keep this going please, great job!